The school boards of the primary and secondary schools on St. Eustatius and Saba would like to recruit and hire: .
- A locally based ‘project leader language policy’ for the establishment of two island wide Language Policy plans (1 FTE), one policy for St. Eustatius and one policy for Saba respectively. The project leader will be hired in order to support the schools with researching, structuring, formulating, writing up, and implementing the island wide language policy. On St. Eustatius and Saba this includes the languages English, Dutch as a foreign language (NVT) and Spanish.
A locally based expert/coach for Dutch as a Foreign Language (1 FTE) to upgrade and preserve the NVT (Nederlands als Vreemde Taal) knowledge and skills of their teaching staff. The expert/coach will be hired for local NVT support, in order to strengthen, broaden and preserve NVT knowledge and skills within the schools on St. Eustatius and Saba.
Additionally, the school boards of the primary and secondary schools on St. Eustatius and Saba would like to recruit an external party which is able to:
- Analyse the current as-is situation on St. Eustatius and Saba regarding (standardised) tests and results analysis in primary and secondary education.
- Submit advice on the to-be desired situation on St. Eustatius and Saba regarding (standardised) testing and results analysis in primary and secondary education.
- Investigate which test instruments are suitable and available in the wider region, to close the gap between ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’.
- Formulate a proposal to the school boards, in order to decide on the possible purchase of, training in and guidance in the use of suitable tests and systems for results analysis.
For all job openings the steering committee, that is acting on behalf of all school boards of St. Eustatius and Saba, will be responsible for the recruitment. This steering committee will also be involved in the management, planning and implementation of these projects. The steering committee will represent all the schools, but is in itself not responsible for the results of this project; that is the responsibility of the joint school boards. As secretary (‘penvoerder’) of this project, the Saba Comprehensive School will formally contract the external party for all 3 positions.
If you would like to receive the information package and/or if you wish to apply, please contact the steering committee Mr. Anton Hermans via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (+5994167201). The package will include the Terms of Reference and information about the application process as well as the duration of the contract.
Closing Date for all openings : March 29, 2019