- A tropical storm watch for tropical storm Fiona is in effect for Saba and Statia
- Fiona is located about 670 miles (1080 km) east of the Leeward Islands (Thu Sep 15, 05:00 AST)
- The center of Fiona is expected to pass south of Saba and Statia early Saturday morning (Sat Sep 17, 07:00 AST)
- There is a 40-50% risk of tropical storm wind (39 mph), and 10-20% chance of 58 mph, from later Friday evening through Saturday morning
- Accumulated rainfall is 3-6 inch, isolated higher amount, risk of flash floods and mud slides from Friday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.
my daughter just started medical school so i am very interested in what is going on there. We just left there and love where she is staying and how friendly the island is.
Thanks so much,
My daughter goes to school there as well. I hope the storm isn’t too bad.
Saba is unique and likely my favorite place on the planet. Hope the storm isn’t too bad. The people are great -hope all remain safe.