Fort Bay Harbor
Access to the beautiful island of Saba from the sea is on the south-west shore of the island at Saba’s only port Fort Bay Harbor. The port’s facilities have recently expanded and the island’s power plant has been relocated, resulting in a more peaceful environment. Coordinates: 17.616N – 63.252W.
Arriving vessels are required to proceed to the harbor as soon as possible, clear Customs and Immigration check in/out with the Harbor Master to fulfill the required formalities. If Customs and Immigration are not available, proceed directly to the Harbor Office. The opening hours of the Harbor Office are from 6am – 6pm. Every vessel is also required to check in with the Marine Park at their office, which is also located in Fort Bay.
The Port is the busiest place on the island as it is used by Local Fishermen, Dive Operators, Ferry Services and Shipping companies alike. Practically all of Saba’s goods move through here, so delivery on Wednesdays can be quite hectic!
You’ll find the Harbor Office, Customs & Immigration, Saba Marine Park, Gas Station, Shower Facilities, Haul-out ramp, hyperbaric chamber and restaurants side by side in this small but well equipped port.
Immigration falls under jurisdiction of the Koninklijke Marechaussee, Officers are rotated between the BES Islands: Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba.
For information regarding requirements of entry to Saba go to: www.rijksdienstcn.com
Imported products, while duty free, are typically subject to a new General expenditure tax on goods and services (known in Dutch as the ABB). The following exceptions apply: No ABB or excise duties are levied on alcohol products, tobacco or tobacco products imported by persons aged 17 or older, up to a maximum of:
– 200 cigarettes or 50 cigarillos or 25 cigars or 125 grams of smoking tobacco or a proportional combination of these products;
– 1 liter of spirits or other beverages with an alcohol content greater than 22% by volume; non-denatured ethyl alcohol of 80% by volume or higher;
– 1 liter of spirits or other beverages with an alcohol content less than or equal to 22% by volume; or sparkling wine or liquor wine;
– 2 liter of non-sparkling wine;
– 8 liter of beer. NB:
1) The exemption from ABB and excise duty on spirits applies only to travelers aged 18 and older.
2) Individuals employed by transport firms whose vehicles are used in international transit are only entitled to claim the exemption on one-half of the above quantities of alcohol products, tobacco and tobacco products. All other goods are exempt from ABB up to a value of:
– USD 500 for persons aged 15 and older;
– USD 150 for persons younger than 15. This exemption applies to goods valued at or below the above figures. If a good is of higher value and cannot be subdivided, the exemption does not apply and ABB must be paid on the entire amount.
Send Message to listing owner
Listing Title: Fort Bay Harbor