Central Bureau of Statistics Caribbean Netherlands is looking for pollsters to conduct the Labour Force Survey (LFS) on Saba from November until December.
Do you dare to ask questions?
As a field interviewer for Statistics Netherlands (CBS) you visit randomly selected respondents with an electronic questionnaire and conduct interviews with regards to the labour force. Oftentimes this can be very personal and difficult. This fun, interesting job therefore requires quite some interpersonal skills.
With the data you collect, we depict the Caribbean Netherlands in figures. The outcome of our studies are intended for the government, businesses and residents. Within reason, you will be flexible in your working hours. However, in order to find as many people as possible at home, working hours might include evenings and weekends.
- You have to participate in an e-learning course on polling in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- Participate in a training session for polling, for Statistics Netherlands.
- Conduct the surveys at the households according to the instructions.
- All surveys must be conducted during the period November-December 2016.
- Have contact with our coordinator on Statia once a week.
- The exact duration of the job is from 15-11-2016 up to 31-12-2016.
- Good command of the English language. Being able to communicate in Dutch, Spanish and Papiamentu is a plus.
- Driver’s license B and a car.
- Good persuasive skills. The respondents will receive a letter requesting their cooperation and announcing the visit of the interviewer. It is up to the interviewer to realize their cooperation.
- You must be a resident of BES.
- Available for training in November for 3 to 4 half-day sessions. Training sessions are most likely to take place in the afternoon or evening. Trainings will be given on Saba.
If you are interested in participating, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
For further information or questions you can also call us at +599 717 8676
Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS)