RCN Social Affairs and Labor Unit is looking for a Functional Manager 1 FTE, vacancy number P&O2016_05_008, location Bonaire.
The RCN Social Affairs and Labor [Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid, hereafter referred to as SZW] unit, managed directly from the department in the Netherlands, implements social security for the Caribbean Netherlands. The unit takes care of the implementation of various benefits such as pension benefits (AOV; General Retirement Insurance Act), income support and sickness insurance/loss of earnings. Furthermore the unit is responsible for labour inspection, work permits and labour affairs. The SZW unit has a staff of approximately 30, including 4 employees on Saba and St. Eustatius.
As a Functional Manager you will be responsible for the management and support of several applications at the RCN SWZ Unit.
- taking care of the functional management for the applications/systems used;
- ensuring that malfunctions are dealt with, analysing problem reports, taking measures to ensure proper and uninterrupted functioning;
- proactively suggesting improvement proposals or providing advice for frequent problems;
- preparing and supervising updates and adjustments;
- determining and specifying the functional requirements for the adjustment of existing applications and the development of new applications, in consultation with the users;
- offering support during contract meetings with external parties and maintaining contacts;
- coordinating the performance of functional tests and drafting a test plan;
- performing impact analyses, drafting security plans and updating these plans, monitoring the implementation;
- providing advice and support to users and configuring and setting up work processes;
- maintaining documents and manuals.
- situation awareness
- planning and organising
- progress monitoring
- An HBO level of working and thinking;
- Demonstrable experience in the field of functional management;
- Preferably BiSL certified;
- Knowledge of and experience with working project-based, for example through working project-based training or Prince 2;
- Good communication skills in Dutch (verbally and in writing) and English (verbally). Command of Papiamentu is considered an additional asset.
Initial salary scale 9: minimum $ 2,333.00 to maximum $ 3,172.00 gross
Job salary scale 10: minimum $ 2,684.00 to maximum $ 3,553.00 gross
Other employment conditions:
The salary will be determined depending on training and experience.
A temporary appointment for a period of one year, in case of mutual satisfaction and if opportunity arises, there may be an extension. One is required to be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct [Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG)] and a positive result of the medical examination, and as such this is part of the selection procedure. An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Local employment conditions apply to all local job vacancies.
For more information about the job vacancy, please contact: Mrs. M. de Groot, Head of SZW, telephone number + 599 715 8842
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to:
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10 June 2016