Prosecutor files for appeal in Saba manslaughter case

The Court of First Instance in Saba last week heard the criminal case against G.C.G., who stood trial for stabbing a man in August 2017.

The Prosecutor found it proven that she was guilty of stab­bing the man, which was considered a case of attempted manslaughter.

The Judge, however, acquitted the woman of the attempted manslaughter charge, but sentenced her to a one-year sus­pended prison sentence and 240 hours of community service. The Prosecutor’s Office of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba has decided to appeal this verdict, it said Wednesday as it believes there was an attempt of manslaughter as the victim was severely cut in the neck. Therefore, the Prosecution is of the opinion that the imposed punishment does not justify the seriousness of the offense committed, the Prosecutor’s Office said.

G.C.G. was acquitted of attempted manslaughter but con­victed of the lesser charge of causing severe bodily injury to the victim.

The Daily Herald.

And the winners are… “The Terrible Two Sort It Out”
Covenant signed about joint fight against financial-economic crimes

One comment

  1. What a waste of taxes!
    The accused was just defending her family and the “victim” is twice her size.
    There have been earlier problems concerning the victim and where was the police for that?
    I say, let the case rest and everyone move on with their life.
    (Shortened by Editor)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *