This morning a meeting was held with members of the Island Disaster Team. Preparations are in full gear for the imminent passage of Hurricane Danny.
Please be informed as follows:
- The public is advised to take all necessary precautions, by securing your home and removing any debris from your property.
- Mariners are encouraged to take necessary precautions regarding the securing of their vessels in the water.
- The airport will remain open until informed otherwise.
- The hospital will remain open and will have designated medical posts in each village.
- Due to the recent drought, the public is advised not to drive during the passing of the storm, as the chances of landslides are high. Personnel will be on standby to deal with any such situations that may occur.
- It is too early to determine if government offices, schools etc. will have to close.
- If the weather is forecasted to worsen, the Island Governor will update the public accordingly via social media and mass email.
Message Island Government