Please allow me again some space to update those interested in education on the current developments at the SCS.
- Communication: This academic school year, we as parents have not seen any communication from the school with regards to daily activities, school developments and improvements. Those who have internet can read on the Facebook page from the school what is going on. What about those who don’t have internet/computers at home? Facebook is considered a social media not an official body to bring your school information across.
- In February 2015, I mentioned that the care coordinator is not qualified. The inspection report from The Dutch Inspectorate is, based on their last visit in 2015, stating clearly that the CARE department has not improved at all and does not show any signs of development. We are now nearly in October, ready for a next visit by the inspection. So far, no one has informed the parents about the improvements and developments within the care department.
- I understand from parents that a student was suspended from school, but after a call from the father who is presently in Colombia, Mr. Hermans decided, against management advice, to have to student back in school the next day. This shows us that the director’s authority has been undermined and is now open for everyone who disagrees with his abrupt decisions.
- I also understand that the former Dutch Teacher is back on the premises. This time as a consultant. Hiring a consultant to support the present teachers teaching Dutch could mean two things. First it could be that your current Dutch teachers are unqualified/inexperienced and you need therefore a consultant. In this case you have the school coach who is responsible for this. Or it could mean that this is a future planning for her to take over the scepter at SCS. In that case Mr. Hermans you failed for yourself.
- The school is running low on financials, but it allows consultants and other specialists to come in to train those who have been in education their whole life. Mr. Hermans, based on transparency to parents, could you please present us your school improvement plan and school development plan where is outlined where these consultants fit in. It would be nice to know as parent where the SCS is heading for. A drastic improvement in this is much appreciated.
- Last but not least, if I am able to get this information, why is the school board not able to act on the above mentioned issues? The previous school board was far too obsessive with the daily running of the school. It seems that this school board has the interest in the monthly financial contribution and stays away from SCS as much as possible.
- My children dislike school, there is no atmosphere, a lot of conflicts are discussed publicly in the presence of my children and your ghost appearance in school shows us that you have things not under control.
(Shortened by editor)