In November 2015, the employers negotiator (RCN) and the representatives of the unions, have made a start with the negotiations for the new working conditions of 2016 until 2017 in the sector meeting for the Caribbean Netherlands. The unions then considered the offer of the employer not sufficient for a fruitful continuation of negotiations. The meeting was then suspended to allow the employers negotiator to further discussions with the ministries in The Hague.
On April 7th , negotiations resumed between the employer and the unions. The consultations were constructive and were conducted in a good atmosphere. These consultations resulted in a negotiators-result. The unions will discuss this negotiators-result with their members and after that they will discuss the outcomes with the employer.
From the employers- and unions the following results are achieved (on main points):
• One-time payment of US $ 500, – gross as redemption for 2015
• 3% wage increase from January 1st , 2016
• Increase of the holiday allowance at 8.33% from June 1st , 2016
• Increase of the gross annual bonus to US $ 1,250 by December 2016
• Harmonization jubilee bonus, in which all official service, which have been accumulated wherever within the Kingdom, will count for the foundation
• Indexing consignment fees and irregular working hours, IBT year bonus – hourly charge according working wage development, now and in the future; for employment 2016- 2017 this is 3% with effect from January 1st , 2016
• to request the “A&O Fonds Rijk” ,in cooperation with the trade unions, to investigate necessity, needs and opportunities for age-related personnel policy and flexibility.
Joint Press Release Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland and the unions WICSU, Acom, ABVO and NAPB BES