Instructor and Coordinator of the Arts Program
Job Opportunity (30 hours):
Child Focus Foundation is an after-school activities center providing a wide array of activities for youth on the island of Saba in the Dutch Caribbean. The Instructor and Coordinator of the Arts Program is responsible for overseeing and being the lead instructor for activities such as theater, arts & crafts, voice, beginners piano and dance class.
- Prepare and carry out after-school activities with children and adolescents ages 4.18 in various areas of performing & visual arts along with youth leaders and volunteers.
- Assisting in preparing special events, working on projects, productions, concerts and parent evenings.
- Overseeing all the activities in the arts program.
- Recruiting and guiding youth leaders to assist in the program
- Taking role and updating the database of participants.
- Promoting activities and events.
- Visiting the schools regularly to keep students updated/ distribute memos concerning their activities.
- Create modules and outline for activities.
- The employee will have an office workspace at the Child Focus building but may be required to carry out their various activities in other locations. The 30 working hours will be divided into planning periods, teaching periods and office hours.
- Must have experience teaching or working in an after-school activities center, school or youth program.
- Must have experience teaching in some of the following subject areas: visual arts, theatre, singing, dance or music.
- The applicant must be organized, motivated and independent with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring youth.
- Must have minimum high school and college/MBO degree.
- Proficient In Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Driver’s license preferred.
- Must have an excellent command of the English language (Verbal and written).
Send application to: Henriette van Heijnsbergen: email@example.com
Thank you for applying!
Child FOCUS Foundation
Honey Bees Center